Public Relations Specialist
We are seeking a public relations (PR) professional to play an integral role in public/media relations, corporate communications, and category building for our company. We are looking for a Public Relations expert to design and implement strategies that cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience and boost our brand awareness. If you’re interested in leading our PR efforts and have experience writing effective press releases, building media relationships and driving and coordinating thought leadership opportunities/events, we would like to meet you.
You will use your creative ideas to drive PR initiatives that deliver both short- and long-term success. You will plan organize and execute PR activities and events to increase awareness, interest and favorability in our company and brand.Launch and manage media relations program. You will identify key media targets – top tier, industry and local. You will monitor and report on media trends and competitor media activity. For targeted media, you will create relationships and opportunities for Vatica Health to be the “go to” for comment on industry articles. Kick off and run the thought leadership program. Identify key opportunities for speaking, both earned and paid at industry and other conference and events. Build bench strength within the organization for speaking opportunities, work with media trainer to prepare executives for interviews, image and reputation. Own the Crisis management plan. Prepare the organization and identify the key players and actions to take in the event of a crisis communication. Partner with Legal and Compliance on planning and execution. Be customer facing. Take point authoring and gaining buy-in for joint press releases and campaigns. Identify key customers and partner with them to find opportunities to mutually advance our industry. Create content like talking points and scripts for key note addresses, Q&As for panels with customers and key opinion leaders As part of the Marketing team, you’ll coordinate with internal teams to maximize brand awareness and consistency in all external and internal efforts. Partner with events and social teams on event management and sponsorship. Assist and support corporate positioning and category building.
Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, while ensuring strong online and offline brand presence.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives. Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Connect with influential professionals. Partner internally with digital/social team to identify strategies that will maximize corporate presence on various channels (e.g. web, social media)
- Pitch, craft, and place content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development
- Partner with event team to maximize ROI from attendance. Own speaking and media events. Gain earned media opportunities and have input on messaging and themes
- Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and thought leadership talks/speakers talk tracks submit for awards
- Build editorial calendar, based on upcoming product releases and customer news
- Collaborate with C-suite, primarily CEO, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership content.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers, not just asking for it.
- Set annual plan and quarterly objectives for the PR
- Ensure brand consistency in all efforts
- Track and influence media coverage
- Report on PR campaigns’ results
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation
- Proven work experience in public relations, corporate communications, content marketing, and relationship management or similar role
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR campaigns
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Creative abilities
- Foster long-term relationships with key professionals
- Win over internal stakeholders
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- BA/BS/BSc in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred
WORKING AT VATICA HEALTH ADVANTAGES
- Competitive salary based on your experience and skills – we believe the top talent deserves the top dollar
- Bonus Potential (based on role and is discretionary) – if you go above and beyond, you should be rewarded
- 401k plans– we want to empower you to prepare for your future
- Room for growth and advancement- we love our employees and want to develop within
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Dependent Care Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Excellent PTO policy (everyone deserves a vacation now and then)
- Great work-life balance environment- We believe family comes first!
- Strong supportive teams- There is always a helping hand when you need it
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!